JM Search recently had the opportunity to interview Pat Bradford, an experienced Private Equity operator and Human Capital executive with more than 30 years in the profession, on the topic of effective board composition and management. Pat shared her experience on what makes an effective board along with how to optimize board level engagement.
In the interview, Pat shared insights on:
- Key characteristics of a strong and effective board
- How to improve board interaction and communication
- Why CEOs should prioritize both board management and composition
- What is strategically important with regards to having sector and/or role-specific board members
- How boards can help management teams navigate today’s talent market
- Important consideration for board diversity