Jamey is a Partner at JM Search and a member of the Firm’s Cybersecurity and IT Executives Practice. Jamey has more than 14 years of executive recruiting experience and is a recognized leader in advising organizations on the recruitment, assessment, development, and retention of technology and security and risk management talent. His clients have varied from large global corporations to high growth, entrepreneurial, and private equity owned companies. In addition to Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, and their key leaders, he also has experience leading the recruitment of CEOs and top executives for cybersecurity technology companies and managed security services providers.
Prior to joining JM Search, Jamey was a Senior Client Partner and core member of Korn Ferry’s Technology Officers Practice. During his tenure, he co-launched and co-led the firm’s Global Security Practice. He was also an active member of the firm’s Aviation, Aerospace & Defense Practice. Earlier in his career, Jamey served as an Associate Principal in the Industrial, Supply Chain, and Transportation and Logistics Practices at Heidrick & Struggles.
Before embarking on his career in executive search, Jamey was a consultant with The Boston Consulting Group in Dallas, where he worked on a wide variety of projects with clients in the aerospace and defense, consumer finance, telecommunications, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and education industries. Jamey began his career as a former Navy SEAL Officer where he served for nine years.
Jamey earned an MBA from Stanford University and graduated with merit with a B.S. in Aeronautical Engineering from The United States Naval Academy where he was captain of the wrestling team, a two-time qualifier for NCAA Division I Championships, and an Academic and Honorable Mention All-American. When not working, Jamey is a fitness enthusiast that enjoys staying active. He also is on an ongoing quest to improve his guitar playing and surfing skills.
- PRESS RELEASE: JM Search Announces the Hiring of Jamey Cummings, a Recognized Leader in the Recruitment of Technology, Security, and Risk Management Executives
- BLOG: Six Cybersecurity Trends Influencing CISOs Today
- PODCAST: From Board Advisor to Board Member: Evolution of the Modern CISO
- PODCAST: The CMF Podcast
- PODCAST: The Hunt for Cybersecurity Personnel: A View from Inside | U.S. National Privacy and Cybersecurity Podcast
- BLOG: The Startup’s Quick Guide to Hiring Cybersecurity Executives
- BLOG: CISOs & Cybersecurity: 7 Best Practices for Effective Board Communications