Louis Montgomery Jr. leads JM Search’s Human Resources and Diversity Officer Executive Search Practice. To date 75% of his placements are women and 50% are people of color.
He has almost a decade of Executive Search experience and has successfully placed Board Members, Human Resource and Diversity/ Inclusion Leaders in Private Equity Backed and Publicly Traded organizations in a variety of sectors including Industrial, Consumer, Healthcare/ Life Sciences, Financial and Professional Services, Technology, Non-Profits, Higher Education and Trade Associations.
Prior to moving into Executive Search, Louis had more than 25 years of experience as a Human Resources Practitioner and Diversity Leader with several major Fortune 100 firms including, IBM, Celanese Corporation, Frito Lay, Kraft Foods, Altria, AES and Serco North America.
He is an Author and Thought Leader in Human Resources and Diversity/ Inclusion. Some of his publications include A Years’ Worth of Inspiration, and several thought leadership articles including Why Your Next Board Member Should Be an HR Executive, Starbucks Battle Against Bias, What Did You Call Me? Towards a More Perfect Union, and Next Generation Diversity Officers.
He has been quoted in numerous publications including The New York Times, Washington Post, Human Resources Executive, Black Enterprise, and American Banker.
Louis earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR) from Cornell University. While there he was a varsity letter winner in football and track; and achieved all Conference and All East Honors in Track.
He is member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., the Cornell University ILR Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Christian Brothers College High School Hall of Fame.
He is an avid golfer, No Limit Texas Hold ‘em player and coaches youth baseball. He, his wife Deidre and two sons live in Howard County, Maryland.
- WHITEPAPER: 3 Strategies for Adding More Diversity to Your Talent Model
- WEBINAR: Building D&I Talent Pipelines for Investment Advantage
- PODCAST: DEI and Talent in Private Equity with Louis Montgomery, Jr.
- BLOG: Four Challenges Your Boardroom Will Handle Better with an HR Executive on the Board
- FORBES: How To Position Your Company To Avoid The Great Resignation
- FORBES: How Is Social Media Affecting Workplace Mental Health?
- WEBINAR: The Evolving Role of HR in Private Equity
- BLOG: The Evolving Role of HR in PE
- FORBES: Culture Fit Versus Culture Add: Hiring For Growth